Borac Mozzart starts it training camp ahead of the new AdmiralBet ABA League season
Borac Mozzart officially began preparations for the 2026/27 season.
(Photo: Borac Mozzart/Dusko Radisic)
On Monday, August 17, Borac Mozzart’s first team started preparations for the new 2026/27 AdmiralBet ABA League season.
As is well known, the regional competition is scheduled to begin at the end of September, meaning the Čačak-based team has enough time to prepare for all the challenges awaiting it in what appears set to be an extremely demanding season.
Saša Ocokoljić, head coach of the Čačak side, first briefly reflected on the previous season.
“When we look back at last season, I would describe it as successful, considering that we managed to secure our place in the league while having a team composed predominantly of domestic players. We also gave opportunities to several young players from our youth system, so the overall impression is certainly more than positive,” said the popular Sakson.
He then turned his attention to the preparation period, which officially began today.
“As far as preparations for the upcoming season are concerned, we already began introductory work with one group of players on August 10, while from Monday onward we will move into a more intensive phase. We will mainly work in Čačak, with plans to participate in two friendly tournaments in September,” Ocokoljić said.
The first-team roster has undergone several changes compared to last season.
“As far as the roster is concerned, we worked intensively throughout the summer to complete the team in line with our possibilities and ambitions, with the desire to once again place the emphasis on domestic players and players from Čačak, just as we did last year,” Ocokoljić said before continuing.
“The core of the team will consist of players from last season – Jošlo, Čarapić, Mušikić and Ćurčić – while newcomers Novak, Živanović, Simović, Radovanović and Spir are reinforcements we decided to bring in, and we believe they will wear the Borac jersey with great desire and fighting spirit. We also have juniors Krunić, Roganović, Obrenić and Đinović, while several other young players from our youth system will join the first team’s work during the season,” said the Borac Mozzart head coach.
Of course, the Čačak side does not intend to stop strengthening its roster.
“In order to complete the team, we are working on bringing in another quality player at the shooting guard position,” Ocokoljić said.
Naturally, preparation games will soon follow as well.
“As far as preparation games are concerned, we decided to play the majority of them in September, considering that Novak and Živanović will be occupied with national team duties until the end of August. Therefore, we realistically expect to have the complete team together only from next month,” added the Čačak team’s head coach.
Although there is still plenty of time before the start of the competition, Saša Ocokoljić also briefly addressed the team’s ambitions.
“As far as our ambitions are concerned, the first and most important thing is to build a tough team with strong character that will play hard and with fighting spirit, giving its maximum in every game, just as has been the case in the past. Of course, the league is becoming stronger and stronger. Teams are paying large sums just to compete in the ABA League, not to mention how much they are investing in their rosters. In terms of results, alongside everything I have already mentioned, the goal is of course to remain in the ABA League, which is becoming stronger every season while the competition system is becoming increasingly demanding. What I would particularly like to emphasize is the support of our fans, which meant a great deal to us last season. I believe that this year as well, above all through our attitude and fighting spirit, we will earn their trust and that we will continue to celebrate successes together in the future,” concluded Saša Ocokoljić.
--------------------
Borac Mozzart krenuo sa treninzima pred novu sezonu
Ekipa Borac Mozzart je zvanično započela pripreme za sezonu 2026/27.
U ponedeljak 17. Avgusta prvi tim Borca Mozzart krenuo je sa pripremama za novu sezonu 2026/2027. U admiralbet ABA ligi.
Kao što je dobro poznato, start regionalnog takmičenja zakazan je za kraj septembra, tako da je pred čačanskim taborom dovoljno vremena da se spremi za sve izazove koji ga očekuju u novoj, kako se čini, izuzetno teškoj takmičarskoj godini.
Saša Ocokoljić, šef struke Čačana, prvo je ukratko prozborio o sezoni koja je minula.
„Kada se osvrnemo na prošlu sezonu, ocenio bih je kao uspešnu, obzirom da je ostvaren opstanak u ligi, a uz to je i tim bio sastavljen od uglavnom domaćih igrača. Afirmisani su i neki mladi igrači, iz naših mlađih selekcija, tako da je sigurno utisak više nego pozitivan“, rekao je popularni Sakson.
Zatim se usredsredio na pripremni period, koji je danas zvanično počeo.
„Što se tiče priprema za narednu sezonu, već smo od 10. Avgusta počeli sa uvodnim radom sa jednom grupom igrača, dok od ponedeljka krećemo u intenzivniji rad. Uglavnom ćemo raditi u Čačku, uz planirane odlaske na dva prijateljska turnira u septembru“, smatra Ocokoljić.
Prvi tim je pretrpeo izvesne promene u odnosu na prošlu sezonu.
„Što se tiče igračkog kadra, intenzivno smo tokom leta radili na kompletiranju tima, u skladu sa našim mogućnostima i ambicijama, uz želju da akcenat u formiranju tima bude kao i prošle godine na domaćim igračima i igračima iz Čačka“, zastao je Ocokoljić, a onda nastavio.
,,Okosnicu tima činiće momci iz prošle sezone, Jošlo, Čarapić, Mušikić i Ćurčić, a novajlije Novak, Živanović, Simović, Radovanović i Spir su pojačanja za koja smo se odlučili i verujemo da će sa velikom željom i borbenošću nositi Borčev dres. Tu su i juniori Krunić, Roganović, Obrenić i Đinović, dok će još neki mladi igrači iz omladinskog pogona biti priključivani u rad prvog tima u toku sezone“, rekao je strateg Borca Mozzart.
Naravno, Čačani ne nameravaju da se zaustave sa dovođenjem pojačanja.
„U cilju kompletiranja tima radimo na dovođenju još jednog kvalitetnog igrača na poziciji dva“, kazao je Ocokoljić.
Razume se, uskoro će uslediti i pripremne utakmice.
,,Što se tiče pripremnih utakmica, odlučili smo se da gro tih utakmica bude u septembru, obzirom da će Novak i Živanović do kraja avgusta biti zauzeti reprezentativnim obavezama, tako da neko realno kompletiranje očekujemo tek od sledećeg meseca”, dodao je kormilar čačanske ekipe.
Iako do početka takmičenja ima dosta," Saša Ocokoljić je kratko prozborio i na tu temu.
,,Što se tiče ambicija, prva i osnovna stvar je da stvorimo jedan čvrst i karakteran tim koji će igrati jako i borbeno, davati maksimum na svakoj utakmici, kao što je to bio slučaj i ranije. Naravno da je liga sve jača i jača, timovi plaćaju velike iznose samo da se takmiče u ABA ligi, a o ulaganjima u sastave i da ne govorimo. Rezultatski, uz ove stvari koje sam napomenuo, cilj je naravno opstanak u ABA ligi, koja je svake sezone sve jača a sistem takmičenja sve zahtevniji. Ono što bih posebno istakao je podrška publike koja nam je puno značila u protekloj sezoni i verujem da ćemo i ove godine, pre svega odnosom i borbenošću, zaslužiti njihovo poverenje i da ćemo se i u budućnosti radovati zajedničkim uspesima”, zaključio je Saša Ocokoljić.

